AquaPerl DE Substitute
AquaPerl Perlite is a high-quality DE replacement filter material. Perlite is a volcanic glass that is both lighter and more effective than DE filter powder. Substitute AquaPerl for DE powder on a 1 to 1 basis by volume. So one coffee can of Perlite = 1 coffee can of DE powder, but weighs half as much. Because it weighs much less than DE, perlite does not adhere to the filter grids and bind them as easily, which makes backwashing easier.
- Aqua Perl is a direct replacement for diatomaceous earth.
- Aqua Perl is safe for use in all DE filters.
- Improves filter function, pre-coating quickly and effectively.
- Aqua Perl is volcanic in origin, all-natural and 100% crystalline silica free (doesn't cause silicosis) .
- The lower density of Aqua Perl allows for uniform pre-coating and quick, thorough backwashing.
- An NSF certified perlite filter media.
- Can be used to replace DE powder and cellulose in DE pool filters.
- A 12 lb. bag of Aqua Perl is equivalent to a 25 lb. bag of diatomaceous earth.
- 1/2 lb. of Aqua Perl (1 scoop) = 1 lb. of D.E. (1 scoop).
Aqua Perl Perlite has 3x the pore volume and 2x the oil absorption ability, as compared to DE powder. The higher solids and oil holding capacity of Pool Perlite results in longer filter cycles, while the lower density coats grids more easily, and backwashes out more completely. In addition, Perlite filter media has none of the carcinogen properties of Diatomaceous Earth powder, and could be safer to use.