Black Algae is the most difficult form of pool algae to eradicate. Immediately after treatment with black algaecide (copper algaecide), it is recommended to brush the pool with a stainless steel pool brush to scrape off the protective layer on the algae head. Continue brushing for 2-3 days, maintaining high chlorine (3-5 ppm) and balanced chemistry with near constant filtration. Following treatment, vacuum and clean the pool carefully. For complete black algae removal, it is also recommended to replace the pool filter media after treatment for black algae, and continue weekly maintenance doses of black algaecide.
- Black Algaecide softens water while eradicating black algae from swimming pools.
- Ideal for killing existing black algae as well as preventing its further growth.
- Copper is the active ingredients of Black Algaecide.
- A highly effective and dependable product.
- Works in circumstances when all other chemicals fail.
- Particularly stubborn black algae blooms may require multiple treatments.
- Specially formulated to overcome black algae's resistance to other chemicals.
- Non-clouding and non-foaming.
- Initial Dosage: 12 oz. per 10,000 gallons at the onset of black spots.
- Weekly Maintenance: 6 oz. per 10,000 gallons.