Solar Pool Control GL-235
The GL-235 is designed to meet the need for easy installation, dependable operation, and serviceability. The GL-235 incorporates unique, microprocessor based construction to ensure reliability and accurate performance. The GL-235 offers advanced operating features to provide differential temperature control, selectable high limit, programmable recirculation freeze protection, nocturnal cooling and optional booster pump control.
- automatic heating If the solar collectors are warmer than the pool water by 4°or more, and the pool is below the selected desired temperature, the valve will rotate allowing heat collection. This heat collection will stop when the solar sensor falls to within 1.5°F of the pool temperature or the pool temperature exceeds the "desired temperature" set on dial.
- automatic cooling (Field selectable option) If the solar collectors are cooler than the pool water by 6°F or more, and the pool is above the selected desired temperature, the valve will rotate allowing cooling via the solar collectors. The heat dissipation will stop when the collectors rise within 3°F of the pool temperature or the pool temperature is lowered below the set desired temperature.
- single setting for desired temperature The GL-235 logic is set by a single dial adjustment with the desired pool/spa temperatures clearly indicated. The dial is calibrated with the temperatures from 70°F to a high of 104°F for quick and easy, user-friendly operation. The pool temperature set indicates set pool/spa temperature, and the GL-235 will automatically deter-mine if the water should be solar heated or cooled, thus maximizing the system capabilities.
- terminal strip connections For input power, and sensor inputs. Controls also have industry standard 3 pin connectors for both forward and reverse valve actuator operation and screw terminal connectors.
- led indicators Show the status of the system operation, Four highly visible LED's show 1) power to the control, 2) power output directing valves and/or pump to collect heat (heating), 3) power output directing valves and/or pump to dissipate heat (cooling), 4) sensor fault indicator shows sensor(s) not operating properly.
- gl-235 valve output Rating is the industry standard 24 VAC. A jumper switches the output to 12VAC for compatibility with older valve actuators. Output is fuse protected.
- recirculation freeze protection (field selectable operation) turns the GL-235 output ON, directing warmer pool/spa water through the collectors when near freezing tempera-tures are reached at the collector sensor. The GL-235 will allow recirculation when the collector temperature rises to 42°F. Two 10K Ohm sensors are required for operation. One or more freeze snap switches are recommended if freeze recirculation protection is utilized. Important--see installation instructions before using Recirculation Freeze.