Yellow Out Pool Algae Treatment
Many pool owners find algae to be one of the most difficult strains of bacteria to control since algae mostly grows in the uneven surfaces of your pool thus escaping complete chlorination and making it harder to eliminate. Yellow Out® is an amazing formula that in conjuction with pool shock helps to remove algae gently and effectively without the use of harsh chemicals that can damage and stain pool surfaces.
Yellow Out® safely eliminates green, yellow, brown, and pink algae and keeps your pool sparkling clean. It is recommended to use Yellow Out® in the amount of 2 lbs. per 15,000 gallons along with pool shock to completely eliminate all algae.
How to Clean a Yellow Swimming Pool
- Clean pool to remove all debris from your pool including leaves, insects, pollen, and twigs.
- Adjust pool pH to 7.8, chlorine to 2.0 and alkalinity to 80-120 ppm.
- Add 2 lbs of Yellow Out per 15,000 gallons of pool water.
- Add 2 lbs of Pool Shock per 15,000 gallons of pool water.
- Run pump and filter continuously for 24 hours, backwashing only if flow is restricted.
- After 12 hours and again after 24 hours, shock the pool again, using 2 lbs of Pool Shock per 10,000 gallons of pool water.
- For severe yellow algae, it is recommended to replace filter media, cleaner bags and any soft pool toys or pool floats.
Unlike other Yellow algae (mustard algae) treatments, Yellow Out by Coral Seas is not Sodium Bromide but a blend of Disodium Sulfates, or salts of ethylenediaminetetraacetic acid, US Patent 4614595. There are imitation Yellow Out algaecides (Yellow Treat, Yellow Gone, Yellow X), but only one patented formula that can be called Yellow Out!