VR1000 Hayward Stratum VRS
(Safety Vacuum Release System)
When it comes to pool safety, multiple layers of protection are crucial. As an additional layer of protection, Hayward® introduces Stratum™ VRS (vacuum release system)—the next level in peace of mind. The Hayward Stratum VRS is the only SVRS to both vent the pump suction line to atmosphere and turn off the power to the pump motor.
- Automatic restart in protection mode eliminating nuisance tripping
- Complete internal system check
- Directly monitors and reacts to changes in suction outlet systems
- Meets or exceeds all relevant ASME/ANSI performance standards
- Installs in as little as one hour
- Turns off power to the pump and vents the suction line to atmosphere
- Capable of monitoring suction lines for single speed or two speed pumps, with or without a booster pump, that share a common suction line
- Complete internal system test during every start-up prior to the monitoring phase
- During each start-up, Stratum VRS adjusts to current operational parameters of the system
- Designed for use with single phase pumps up to 3HP. Larger or 3-phase pumps require additional motor control equipment, for use with VR1000
- For use in suction lift or in flooded suction
- Seven-day programmable timer
- Complies with ASTM F23887-04 and ASME 112.19.17
The recent Virginia Graeme Baker Pool and Spa Safety act has mandated additional safety methods to avoid suction outlet entrapment. According to the National Safe Kids organization more than two-thirds of parents (66 percent) are not at all or only somewhat familiar with the topic of suction entrapment and entanglement. According to the CPSC, there are five categories of potential suction entrapment hazards and there is no single product that protects against all five-entrapment hazards. The five hazards are:
- Hair entanglement
- Body suction entrapment
- Limb entrapment
- Mechanical entrapment
The Stratum VRS meets the Safety Acts requirements. Additionally, it meets and exceeds all relevant ASME/ANSI performance standards. And as an added benefit, it is easily installed, in as little as one hour.
Stratum is effective in monitoring the suction pressure in single or multiple suction outlet (drain) systems, which share a common suction line. It features an automatic restart after certain activations and is programmed with an internal checking system that performs performance diagnostics during each start-up.
When it comes to pools and safety you can never be too careful. Understanding and knowing how to keep swimmers safe is a subject where we can never know, or do, too much. Hayward strives to be a responsible corporation concerning the growing need for energy efficient, environmentally friendly products. We work hard to continue to raise the bar to provide industry changing, innovative products that meet the demands of our customers and the growing concerns of the public.
Supervision is always your primary layer of protection. Need more information on layers of protection? For information about Suction entrapment risks visit www.cpsc.gov.