Solar Sun Rings - Clean Pool Heat
The Solar Sun Ring is a passive solar swimming pool heating device made from two sheets of heavyweight U.V. resistant vinyl. The upper clear layer holds insulating air and focuses sunlight on the blue colored lower layer. You will be amazed at the thickness and durability of Solar Sun Rings.
The blue layer absorbs about 50% of the sunlight and converts it to heat. The balance of the sunlight is allowed to pass through for deep water heating. Solar Sun Rings are patented, and have been independently tested to show a heat transfer of up to 21,000 BTU's.
Pool Solar Rings - How Do They Work?
At night the contained air acts as an insulating blanket to retain heat gained during daylight. Solar Sun Rings are equipped with six magnets which connect to each other easily. The strength of the magnets will permit single position removal but will easily separate to prevent entrapment in accidental falls.
Solar Sun Rings were designed to be compatible with automatic pool cleaners. In the event the suction hose catches on a ring, the ring will separate from the raft to allow the pool cleaner to continue. Neither water nor pool chemicals can evaporate through the Solar Sun Rings two layers of heavyweight vinyl. You will save water and chemicals about equal to the percentage of the surface covered. Once the water in your pool has reached adequate temperature, Solar Sun Rings may be turned over to conserve water by limiting evaporation without significantly heating the water.
- Thermal blanket effect to retain heat in water at night.
- Reduces evaporation of water and chemicals.
- Encapsulated magnets hold rings together for rafting effect.
- Easy break apart prevents entrapment in accidental falls.
- Inner grid with added drainage grommets which allows water to seep through the Solar Sun Rings without sinking.
- Grommet on the hanging hoop for increased durability.
- Compatible with automatic pool cleaners.
- Unaffected by salt or chlorine systems.
- Easy to install and remove by one person.
- Easily cleaned with a sponge and mild detergent solution.