AquaChek One Minute Phosphate Test Kit
Phosphates are what feeds algae and helps it grow. Test for phosphate once a week as the concentration in the water can develop rapidly due to rain, debris or bather load. For use with phosphate removing products such as ZeroPhos, PHOSfree, or Lo-Chlor Starver.
Packaged in a convenient and sturdy plastic bottle, the AquaChek Phosphate kit includes testing powder pillows, sampling vial, color chart and directions. The test gives accurate results after only 60-seconds, and measures phosphate from 0 to 1000 parts per billion.
Only available in US.
20 tests per bottle.
Pool Phosphate Treatment
- Test for phosphate levels.
- Backwash your pool filter thoroughly.
- Apply Phosphate remover at dosage rate specified
- Run filter for 48 hours.
- Backwash pool filter.
- Retest for phosphate levels. If necessary, repeat steps 3-5.
POOL PHOSPHATE TREATMENT TIPS:
- Before testing for phosphates, water should be balanced, and chlorine level below 5 ppm
- Algae should be treated and pool clean before testing and treating phosphates
- Look for and correct the source of the phosphate contamination, or use weekly
- Fertilizer, mulch, soil, animals, heavy rain washing into pool, tree debris
- After treatment with phosphate remover, your filter pressure may rise suddenly. Backwash as needed.
- Small or ineffective pool filters may benefit from using a clarifier after treatment.