For the perfect pool finish use our Epoxy Primer!
Epoxy Primer ensures a proper, long-lasting bond between your pool’s surface and your new paint. This added layer will give your pool paint a thicker, ceramic-like layer so your pool finish looks spectacular, stays leak-free, and provides a surface for proper adhesion so your paint won’t peel or bubble.
- This top-of-the-line Epoxy Primer is required for resurfacing smooth plaster, smooth concrete or gel-coat pools.
- Designed for use with our Poxy Shield Paints - this quality primer can even be applied when the surface is damp!
- It is recommended that the pool's surface be thoroughly cleaned with surface cleaner before using any primer or paint.
- Apply One coat before painting with Super Poxy Shield
- Coverage: Approximately 200-250 square feet per gallon.
For surface preparation:
- Wash the pool with Tri-Sodium Phosphate. DO NOT use a soap-type detergent. It can leave a film on the surface which will result in poor paint adhesion.
- Acid etching is required on bare masonry surfaces like concrete or plaster. It is also effective for removing chalky residue and hard mineral deposits on a previously painted pool.
- We highly recommend repeating STEP 1: Wash the surface again with the tri-sodium phosphate solution to neutralize any remaining acid on the surface. Rinse thoroughly.