FilterBalls Blu10 Advanced Filter Media
FilterBalls Blὒ10™ and FilterBalls Minis™ are revolutionary new products used in place of sand in your pool sand filter. Super light material takes the work out of sand replacement and is lower in cost than premium filter sand. FilterBalls require less power to turn your water and provide superior water quality. FilterBalls hold more contaminants, eliminate flocking, and require less backwashing - so you save money on power, chemicals and wasted water! Lasts for many years and requires no special cleaners. You simply recycle your FilterBalls during disposal. One pound of FilterBalls replaces 100 pounds of sand.
Use Blὒ10 for inground pools with sand filter housings rated above 250 pounds of sand or more. Adherence to housing manufacturers maximum flow and pressure ratings are important for proper performance of your filter system.
Use Minis for above ground pools using 250 pounds or less. Adherence to housing manufacturers maximum flow and pressure ratings are important for proper performance of your filter system.
- 1 pound of FilterBalls Blü10™ = 100 pounds of #20 silica sand
- 1/2 pound of FilterBalls Minis = 50 pounds of #20 silica sand
- Consumes less energy by operating at a lower working pressure
- 45% more flow rate
- Filters particulates smaller than 10 microns
- 100% recyclable
- Easy DIY installation and replacement!
- Lasts 3-4 years and does not degrade like #20 filter sand.
Directions for start-up (Empty Tank, system off):
1) Add FilterBalls to tank. They are soft and can be easily moved around when filling.
2) Re-attach Multiport Valve or tank lid making sure the stand-pipe is properly attached and set to rinse for 2 minutes, backwash for 2 minutes and then set to filter mode.
3) Backwash again when pressure increases by 5-7 PSI.
More info at: https://www.filterballs.com/