Poolcenter's pH Down chemical safely drives pH down to a lower range, to keep your sanitizer working more effectively. Pool Acid or liquid acid can also be used, but is hazardous to store and use. Dry Acid like our pH Reducer chemical is safer to use, and easier to calculate correct doses. Simply add 4 oz. per 10000 gallons, to lower pH down 2 clicks, or from 7.8 to 7.6, for example. Our pH Down product also makes a great stain remover for plaster pools, by sprinkling over a stain, or filling a thin sock with the dry acid, to make a "stain sock".
The correct pH ensures that Sanitizer (Chlorine) works effectively in your pool. pH is a measure of how acid or alkaline the water is, high pH (basic) may cause scale formation and discoloration of pool walls, cloudy water, inefficient filtration, or eye irritation.
- This granular product is easier and more convenient to use than muriatic acid.
- Lowers the pH to the recommended range of 7.2-7.6 when used as directed.
- A low pH causes the chlorine in your pool to be “over active”. A pH in the proper range will cause your chlorine to be used as needed.
NOTE: We are currently unable to ship 50 lb. bags of PH REDUCER (sodium bisulfate) to the state of California. We apologize for any inconvenience.
To Lower pH:
- Measure the pH of the pool water with a reliable test kit.
- Use the table shown to determine the correct amount of this product.
- Broadcast this product over the deepest part of the pool.
|Pool Volume||pH 7.8 - 8.0||pH 8.0 - 8.4||pH Above 8.4|