Winterizing Kit & Winter Pill
The Pool Closing Kit just got better! It now includes the highly effective, best-selling Winter Pill!
The Pool Closing Kit & Winter Pill has been a customer favorite for years and is a non-chlorine, natural approach to winter time pool maintenance that lasts all the way until it’s time to pull the cover back off in the spring. Chlorine-free pool chemicals are less harsh on vinyl liners, much safer for fiberglass pools and do not bleach painted pool surfaces.
We leave nothing to chance with the innovative and unique winter pool floater that helps remove oxygen from your pool water prevent algae growth as well. No pool closing or opening kit is complete without a supply of shock and our non-chlorine oxidizer destroys pathogens, bacteria, micro-contaminants, and aids in the on-going battle against algae blooms. The included Stain Away is a powerful stain solution that will prevent and eliminate unsightly stains from forming around your water line.
Then of course, there is the newest member of the team, The Winter Pill! The Winter Pill fits right in with the rest of the products found in the Pool Closing Kit because it too is a non-chlorine based formula of enzymes, natural clarifier, as well as a scale and stain preventer. This powerful pill packs a punch and all you have to do is poke a tiny hole in it, set it in the water, and it gets to work for the rest of the winter.
As a bonus, all kits include the Winter Sorb™ oil absorbing sponge to help sop-up lingering body and suntan oils making it easier for the rest of the winter chemicals to do their job more effectively.
• Our Winterizing Pool Closing Kits are premeasured for specific size pools, but a benefit of ordering a kit that is larger than your pool will result in the chemicals’ protection to have some leftover for your vulnerable winter cover.
• All of our winterizing chemical kits include easy-to-follow expert instructions on how to close like a pro
• Your pool’s water temperatures must be below 65 degrees F for the winter chemicals to be most effective
• Chlorine-free Winterizing Kits are not designed for pools sanitized by biguanide sanitizing products
Chlorine-based pool shocks reduce the effectiveness of algaecide and other chemicals and can potentially bleach pool walls or damage liners. Our chlorine-free shock is 43% Potassium Monopersulfate, a powerful oxidizing agent that helps burn off any remaining impurities and won't reduce the effectiveness of other chemicals.
Time-Release Chemical Floater
Our exclusive time-release floatation device discharges a non-chlorine oxidizing agent into your pool water for weeks after it's been covered. Its main function is to remove carbon dioxide from the water - eliminating one of algae's primary food sources.
Winter Stain Away
Specifically formulated for closing your pool, Winter Stain Away helps eliminate stain-causing metals and minerals that can leave your with costly liner stains or hard-to-clean waterline build-up. Especially important if you have high iron content or if you use well water.
The final step to preventing algae next spring. When used in conjunction with our other pools closing chemicals our Winterizer is the perfect "knock-out" punch against algae. It also helps other chemicals work more efficiently over wider pH ranges, which is crucial during the winter months.
Winter Sorb (TM)
Made exclusively for our Winterizing Kits, the Winter Sorb(TM) can absorb up to 40 times its weight in residual suntan lotions and body oils to prevent grease, grime and waterline scum.
WinterPill is the all natural enzyme product that keeps your pool clear and stain-free all winter long. Safe for use with all types of pools and filters. All natural formula. One WinterPill treats up to 30,000 Gallons.
• Before Closing the Pool, remove all debris.
• Kill any algae, brush and vacuum from pool.
• Adjust pH to 7.2-7.4, and chlorine level to 2-3ppm.
• Add Winter Pool Stain Preventer; follow label instructions.
• Add Winter Pool Algaecide; follow label instructions.
• Add Winterizing Non-Chlorine Shock, according to label.
• Lower water level in pool to proper level for winterizing.
• Poke holes in Winter Pool Floater, place in the pool.
• Poke hole in Winter pill per instructions and place in the pool.
• Place the Winter Sorb in pool, to soak up oils.
• Cover pool quickly, before debris blows in the pool.
• Winterize your pool plumbing and equipment.